You have reached the personal website of Jason Alan Palmer. I'm an electrical / computer / software / research engineer. Lately I'm mostly a Python developer.
What am I even doing?
I share stuff on GitHub: github.com/jalan
- dual-scan_acquisition: the code and experimental data used in an EPR research paper
- fan_control: an old student project in PIC assembly
- filesdir-check: locate unused FILESDIR files in Gentoo portage trees
- probe_selection: decide which probe to use for EPR (electron paramagnetic resonance) oximetry experiments
- recon: learning about Go by working on some image reconstruction functions
- resume: my LaTeX resume, which may be useful as a simple template
- stiltzkin.net: reST sources and the code that turns them into this website
I try to help out with some of the free and open-source software I use every day, by writing patches, sending pull requests, submitting useful bug reports, or supporting other users. It is easy to be Here is a short list of projects I have been at least marginally useful to!: Chromium, django-rest-framework, Gentoo Linux, GNU Octave, KDE, sK1, Spacewalk, Wine
- Working a Python development contract for the Linux administration team at Nationwide Insurance